You have what it takes. You can do it. You can figure out exactly where you belong and exactly the right situation that fits with what you have to offer. To help you get there, we’ve got these tips to help you find your way.
Five Ways to Find Your Calling
- Try different things. We all have ideas about things we’d like to do. Some work out, and some don’t. but the only way you can really know is if you give it a try. Go outside your comfort zone of things you know you can do and try a variety of experiences to see what suits your personality and skills the best.
- Mix it up. Make a list of things that you know you do well. Then mix them up. Try combining different combinations to see if there are jobs out there that fit with different aspects about you that you hadn’t thought to combine.
- Don’t be afraid to change your mind. Career change statistics show that people change their careers an average of 5 – 7 times. It’s sometimes scare, and you might feel unsure about change. But, as stated above, you won’t know until you try. Change does not equal failure. Change is normal and necessary and keeps us alive.
- Think about your epitaph instead of your resume. What do you want to have done in your whole life? What do you want to have changed? How do you want to be remembered? Start there and work back. What steps do you need to take to make that story your story?
- Relax. Nothing is under control. Allow time to let the ideas percolate, the experiences inform your decision-making. You do not have to know RIGHT NOW. When in doubt? Start back at the top of the list.