So, you’re craving pizza, but you’d like to avoid the extra calories (and sugars) from the crust. No problem. Try this easy and delicious recipe for Pizza Soup! to make it even better, you can throw this in the crock pot before leaving for work and have dinner ready when you get home!
- 1 (16 oz) can crushed tomatoes (can use stewed or whole)
- 2 (16 0z) cans beef broth
- 2 (16 oz) cans mushrooms
- 1 medium green pepper, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 lb Italian sausage
- 1/2 lb pepperoni, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 C freshly grated mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 C grated parmesan
- Saute the sausage until brown.
- Drain grease from the sausage and place the sausage in a crock pot.
- Add all the other ingredients (except the cheeses) to crock pot.
- Cook in slow cooker on low for 6 to 8 hours.
- Spoon into bowls and sprinkle with cheeses.